The normal set-up of us to learn is with our teachers or professors inside a classroom. However, nobody told us that there are fun ways to discover and to learn things in our lives. Allow me to share to you Life Lessons You Can Learn While Traveling that will mold you as a person.
1. To walk outside your comfort zone
- Traveling brings you to unfamiliar places, which means you don’t have any idea what’s coming during your entire trip. Questions keep running through your mind like will there be problems along the way or will everything happen according to plan. Or how unsure you are if the place offers a soft bed, air-condition, delicious meals, wifi connection, mobile signal, etc. These instances call you to leave your comfort zone and to accept what the place can offer.
2. To enjoy a simple life
- As you walk away from your comfort zone, you need to start appreciating things around you. Enjoy simple pleasure in life. Be thankful for having a small room where you can sleep, a cheap food you can enjoy, a view that allows you relax or a simple souvenir you can bring home. Remember, even small and simple things can make you happy. Just find make sure to appreciate everything.
3. To be gumptious
- Make use of your common sense to find an alternative way of doing something in order for you to survive. No air-condition, use a piece of carton. No umbrella, use a banana leaf. Basically, you need to be more creative than ever.
4. To respect others culture
- As an example, European or American ladies must dress according to Middle Eastern culture. Where ladies dress in a conservative style, where no skin is shown. Always bear in mind that different country has a different culture so you need to respect the locals as you pay to visit their place.
5. To make new friends
- The language barrier is common in other countries. However, some locals managed to express themselves thru their kind gestures. In a way that they will let you feel at home even if they couldn’t speak your language. As being said, their hospitality will make them as your newly found friends.
6. To be patient
- Unpredictable events might happen during your trip. These events can be cancellation of flight, a discrepancy of hotel booking, communication with rude people, dealing with a crook driver, and a lot more. But, whatever experiences you have, always try to maintain your coolness. Overall, finding positivity in a negative situation is a must.
7. To be independent
- Traveling requires you to do everything such as the listing of your own itinerary, budgeting your funds, washing your clothes, finding meals, etc. It is necessary to be independent in a foreign land since asking for somebody’s help won’t be easy.
8. To discover yourself
- As you travel to an unknown place, you’ll get a chance to discover your capacity as an individual. Then at the end of your adventure, you will be amazed at how you’ve done things you’ve never done before.
*** As you discover all Life Lessons You Can Learn While Traveling, you will be able to unfold all Reasons How Travel Makes You Richer. Cheers! ***