Have you ever tried making sardines fried rice? Sardine is a popular canned item in everybody’s home pantry. Canned sardines come in different varieties such as sardines in oil, sardines in tomato sauce, sardines in tausi sauce, and a lot more.
How to Make Sardines Fried Rice
Sardines have been an all-time favorite canned food by everybody. Level up your ordinary fried rice by using your favorite brand of sardines in tomato sauce.
- 6 cups rice, cooked ₱20.00
- 1 cup mixed vegetables, frozen ₱15.40
- 2 cans (155grams each) sardines in tomato sauce ₱31.00
- 4 tablespoons spring onion, chopped ₱24.32
- 4 tablespoons butter, salted ₱11.86
- 4 cloves garlic, minced ₱1.88
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cooking oil
- Total Food Cost: ₱104.46
Combine a small amount of oil and butter in a pan.
Allow the butter to melt. Immediately saute garlic. Add frozen vegetables.
Stir in sardines with tomato sauce. Cut sardines into pieces. Mix all the ingredients.
Add cooked or leftover rice. Sprinkle in spring onions.
Continue mixing all the ingredients until everything is well incorporated.
Season sardines fried rice with salt and pepper.
Mix once then turn off the heat.
- Add more vegetables if desired.
- Omit spring onions if not available.
- Use regular onions if available.
- Replace sardines in tomato sauce with sardines in tomato sauce with chili for a spicier sardines fried rice version.
- Combine oil and butter to prevent the latter from burning.