Kangkong, also known as Water Spinach, is a common vegetable in the Philippines. It’s a great source of vitamins and minerals at a very affordable price. Enjoy this easy to prepare family meals on a budget – ginisang longanisa at kangkong sa chili garlic oil.
Ginisang Longanisa at Kangkong sa Chili Garlic Oil with Costing
Do you want to eat something healthy and affordable? This ginlsang longanisa at kangkong sa chili garlic oil (sauteed longaniza and water spinach in chili garlic oil) recipe absolutely fits the budget. Enjoy this as an appetizer or main vegetable dish.
- 200 g kangkong ₱9.60
- 2 pcs longanisa ₱30.00
- 4 tbsps chili garlic oil ₱9.00
- 4 tbsps fried garlic ₱10.00
- 1 tbsp cooking oil ₱1.36
- 1/2 tsp salt ₱0.04
- Total Food Cost: ₱60.00
Heat a pan and add oil.
Saute decased sausage meat until turns brown.
Toss in kangkong stalks, followed by the kangkong leaves.
Add chili garlic oil. Continue mixing.
Sprinkle the garlic bits. Season with salt.
Mix again. Turn off the heat immediately.
- Increase the amount of chili garlic oil to make it spicier.
- Replace longanisa with any kind of sausage available.
- Use fresh garlic if fried garlic bits are not available. Saute the chopped fresh garlic together with the longanisa before adding the kangkong.