Below is the list of the top 40 Best Hot Dogs Around the World:
1. New York , New York
- Hot dog in a bun served with mustard, onion, and sauerkraut.
2. Seattle, Washington
- Hot dog in a bun served with bratwurst, cabbage (chopped), cream cheese, jalapeno (sliced) and sriracha.
3. Sonora, California
- Hot dog in a split soft roll served with avocado (chunks), mayonnaise, onions, relish, and tomato.
4. Tijuana, California
- Bacon wrapped the hot dog in a white bun served with onion, peppers (grilled and sliced) and jalapeno.
5. Los Angeles, California
- “Dodger Dog” is named after the Major League Baseball, Los Angeles Dodge. It is a footlong hotdog in a footlong bun served with onion (chopped), ketchup, mustard and relish.
- “Doyer Dog” is the Mexican version of the Dodger Dog. It’s a footlong hotdog in a footlong bun served with jalapeno (pickled), mustard, nacho cheese and salsa.
- French fries coated hot dog on a stick. Usually served with ketchup.
- Hot dog in a bun served with ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, pineapple, potato chips (crushed) and speared boiled egg on top.
- Fried octopus-like hot dog served as part of a bento box.
- Frankfurter served with mustard, potato salad and sauerkraut.
- Hot dog in a bun served with chili, coleslaw and onion (chopped).
11. Montreal, Canada
- Steamed hot dog in a New England style bun served served with cabbage, mustard and onion (chopped).
- Hot dog in a bun served with tomato based meat chili sauce and mustard.
- Deep fried hot dog in an Italian roll served with bell pepper, french fries, ketchup, mustard, and onion.
14. Coney, New York
- Short hot dog in a short bun served with cheddar (finely shredded), chili and onion (chopped).
- Hot dog in a poppy seed bun served with celery salt, pickled peppers (whole), pickle spear, green relish (neon), mustard, onion (chopped) and tomato.
16. Durham, North Carolina
- Hot dog wrapped in a bagel dough served with mustard, then baked.
- Hot dog in a sesame seed bun served with sauerkraut and Swiss cheese (melted).
- Hot dog in a split roll served with carrots (shredded), cilantro, corn, fries (shoestring), ham (diced), parmesan (grated) and pico de gallo.
- Hot dog in a bun served with avocado (mashed), mayonnaise, sauerkraut and tomato (chopped).
- Bacon wrapped hot dog in an avocado coated corn tortilla served with cabbage, lettuce (shredded), mayonnaise and onion (chopped).
- Hot dog served with egg (fried), ketchup and rice.
22. Denmark, Copenhagen
- Long hot dog in a bun served with ketchup, mustard, onions (chopped and fried), pickle chips and remoulade.
- Hot dog in a wrap served with lettuce, mashed potato, onion (fried) and shrimp salad.
24. Czech Republic
- Hot dog in a role with a hole punched through it lengthwise. It is served with ketchup and mustard.
25. Baltimore, Maryland
- Fried bologna wrapped around a fried hot dog in a squishy bun served with mustard.
- Hot dog topped in a baked potato served with bacon bits, chive and sour cream.
27. Denver, Colorado
- Hot dog in a bun served with green chile sauce, jalapenos (chopped), sour cream and red onion (chopped).
- Hot dog in a Hawaiian sweet bread roll with a hole punched through it. Usually served with fruit sauces, ketchup and mustard.
29. Memphis, Tennessee
- Bacon wrapped hot dog in a bun served with barbecue sauce, cheddar (shredded) and scallions (chopped).
- Long hot dog wrapped in a large toasted tortilla or flatbread served with ketchup and mustard.
- Deep fried hot dog slices served with ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard and French fries.
- Hot dog slices in an open hot dog bun served with chili cheese, ketchup, mustard, onion (chopped), pickles (sliced) and oyster crackers.
- Long hot dog covered with Gruyere cheese in a baguette, then broiled.
- Hot dog wrapped in a dumpling-like dough with sesame on top, then baked.
- Chorizo link in a soft hero roll served with chimichurri and pickled red onion and tomato mix.
- Long sausage in a french roll served with pickled vegetables (julienned).
37. Cleveland, Ohio
- Kielbasa in a bun served with coleslaw, French fries and hot sauce.
38. Amsterdam , Netherlands
- Long hot dog in a bun covered with pizza sauce and mozzarella, then broiled.
39. El Salvador
- Boiled or Grilled hot dogs in a bun served with escabeche (cabbage and carrots mix), jalapeno and onion (chopped)
- Boiled hot dogs in a bun served with carrot and cabbage salad, cheese (grated), onion (diced), potato sticks (crispy) and any variety of sauces. Example of sauces are barbecue sauce, garlic sauce, sweet corn sauce, sweet and sour, pineapple sauce, Venezuelan “Alemana” sauce, tartar sauce and many others.
Have you ever tried any of these best hot dogs around the world? Which one is your favorite?