- A measuring device with a long handle used for measuring and portioning liquids.
2. Measuring Cups
- Plastic or stainless steel cups used for measuring both dry and liquid ingredients.
- Sizes: 1, ½, 1/3, ¼ and 1/8 cup
3. Measuring Spoons
- Plastic or stainless steel spoons used for measuring a small amount of both dry and liquid ingredients.
- Commonly used for measuring seasonings and spices.
- Sizes: 1 tbsp, 1 tsp, ½ tsp, ¼ tsp and 1/8 tsp
- A measuring device with a lever for the mechanical release of food items. Commonly used for portioning solid but soft foods.
- A narrow glass tube which contains a thin column of a liquid which rises and falls when reading the temperature.
6. Volume Measure
- A cylindrical device used for measuring liquids.
- This device has lips for easy pouring and ridges on the sides for measuring.
- Sizes: pints, quarts, half gallons and gallons
7. Weighing Scale
- A measuring device used for calculating the heaviness of an ingredient or a food item.