Fire can spread faster than a blink of an eye. It takes minutes to create a black smoke to fill a house. Due to the imminent danger, Government Official started a Campaign to educate all individuals about the basic fire prevention techniques. Below are the Top 10 to do things when discovering a fire.
1. Stay call when you discover a fire.
2. Call for some help or call firefighters immediately.
3. Alert other people inside the place.
4. Extinguish the fire only if possible.
5. Close all air access like doors and windows to prevent a fire from spreading.
6. Feel the door knob before opening the door. Never open the door if it feels warm because the fire will most probably be in the next room.
7. Crawl away from the room.
8. Make use of wet cloth or towel to cover body especially the nose while getting out of the area.
9. Save yourself first before saving any valuables or possessions inside the house.
10. Never get back inside the area until firefighters declare it’s safe to do so.